- The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ)
- Reconstructing Judaism
- Reform Judaism - new general interest website
- Ritual Well - Website containing creative rituals for life cycle and other events, sponsored by the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College
- On Reconstructionist Faith and Belief- Short video by Rabbi Richard Hirsh, former Executive Director of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical Assoication, describing basic ideas of Reconstructionist Judaism
DULUTH AREA LINKS
- Baeumler-Kaplan Holocaust Memorial Lecture Series - The Baeumler-Kaplan Holocaust Commemoration is an annual event in the College of Liberal Arts.
- CHUM - CHUM provides core social safety net programs which include emergency food, shelter, advocacy, and outreach to over 7,000 hungry, homeless and low-income people each year.
- Oreck-Alpern Interreligious Forum
- Twin Ports Jewish Young Adults - Find us on Facebook. We are a diverse group of young adult Jews (20's and 30's) in the Twin Ports. You don't have to be a Temple member (or Temple goer). We look to make connections between people looking for food, conversation, and general amusement.
SUMMER AND GAP YEAR PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN, TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS
- OSRUI - Olin-Sang-Ruby Union Institute (Reform movement summer camp)
- Camp JRF - Reconstructionist movement summer camp
- Herzl Camp - Independent trans-denominational Jewish summer camp
- Campship application [Please contact Temple Israel office for scholarship forms and information]
- Tivnu - Summer programs for high schoolers and gap year program for new high school grads to work on home building and other social justice projects in Portland, Oregon
Jewish Cemeteries in Duluth, MN and neighboring areas
- Adas Israel Chevra Kadisha Cemetery - 4820 Howard Gnesen Rd, Duluth MN 55803 - Map
- Tifereth Israel Cemetery - 4820 Howard Gnesen Rd, Duluth MN 55803- Map
- Temple Emanu-El Cemetery - 4200 block of Woodland Ave., Duluth, MN
- Shaarey Tzedek Cemetery, 4188 Stebner Road, Hermantown, MN
- Superior Hebrew Cemetery, Hwy 105 and Cemetery Road, South Superior, Wisconsin
MISCELLANEOUS JEWISH LINKS
- MINNESOTA JEWISH THEATRE COMPANY
- Burning Bush Adventures - Wildernesss trips and more on Jewish themes
- Judaism and Science - "a discussion about Judaism and science, about fact and fiction, fantasy and faith."
- Jewish Vegetarians of North America
WEEKLY PARSHA LINKS
- Parsha Thoughts & More - Rachel Anisfeld holds a PhD in Rabbinic Literature from the University of Pennsylvania. Her new book is Sustain Me With Raisin-Cakes: Pesikta deRav Kahana and the Popularization of Rabbinic Judaism (Brill, 2009). She lives in Albany, NY.
- Shabbat Shalom from Rabbi Shlomo Riskin - Weekly parasha commentaries from modern Orthodox perspective. Rabbi Riskin is an American born rabbi who resides in Israel.
- Reform Voices of Torah - Weekly parasha commentary from the Union for Reform Judaism
- Weekly Social Justice Torah Commentary - "Dvar Tzedek" is a weekly Torah commentary from American Jewish World Service that applies lessons from the weekly Torah portion to issues of social justice. Commentators come from a variety of Jewish movements and backgrounds.
- Torah from JTSA - Text of and commentary about the weekly portion from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America (Conservative rabbinical school in New York City)
- Hadesh Yameinu: Renew Our Days -- Weekly Torah Discussions - Parashat Hashavua reflections by Reconstructionist Rabbi Ron Aigen (z"l) of Congregation Dorshei Emet, Montreal
DULUTH JEWISH HISTORY RESOURCES
- "My Jews of Duluth" by Len Traubman - a family history of the earliest Jewish settlers in Duluth
- Remembering an earlier Duluth - Reminiscences of Ernestine Traubman (1906-2009)
- Friends of B'nai Abraham - a living heritage of Jewish life on the Iron Range and in Northern Minnesota
- Ktzat Ivrit ["A Little Hebrew"] - A free daily dose of modern Hebrew -- teaching you new words as well as the cultural background behind them.
SPIRITUAL PREPARATION FOR THE DAYS OF AWE
Sources on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur and meditations for Elul
- Rabbi Yael Levy's meditations for Elul: "An Accounting of the Soul" - Daily meditations from Rabbi Yael Levy of Reconstructionist congregation Mishkan Shalom (Philadelphia, PA)
- Jewels of Elul - Meditations for each day of Elul by Reform Jewish writers, collected and introduced by Craig Taubman (To subscribe click on "Receive a Jewel a Day" at the top of the page reached through this link)